This article delves into how Korean celebrities maintain their beautiful skin. Here i have included three main celebrities in different age groups: Twenties, Thirties and Forties, and reveal their beauty secrets. Small tips from other Korean celebrities are also included below. Enjoy! And remember ~ Stay hydrated!
Go Hyun Jung
A little about her … This 40 year old actress never ceases to amaze me! Whether its her drama-like personal life, wonderful acting skills or perfect skin, she is the envy of all Korean women. In 1989, she was a runner up for Miss Korea and by 1995, she had established herself as a well loved and talented new actress. However, she took Korea by surprise by fading from the limelight and marrying the nephew of the Samsung Group CEO. However, after 7 years of marriage, her wedded bliss came to a messy end. She lost custody of her 2 children and is supposedly blacklisted by Shinsegae Department Store (which is owned by her former husband and ex mother-in-law). She returns back to the small screen with projects like Queen Seon Duk and Dae Mul. Power to her!
In 2011, Go Hyun Jung published her skincare secrets titled “Go Hyun-Jung’s Texture”. The beauty documentary was a bestseller and was sold out in just two days of its launch in Korea!
Beauty Tips …
- Avoid salty and spicy food to maintain clear skin
- Go loves grapefruit tea. It suppresses her appetite and keeps her regular. (Never heard of that tea before though…does citrus tea with honey count?)
- Wash your hands before applying any makeup or skincare. Avoid facial interaction with your hands apart from when cleansing and applying skincare.
- When washing your face, mix foaming cleanser with warm water and work up a foam the size of an egg. Start from behind the ears and the jawline, and once the cleanser is warmed up, move towards the center of your face.
- Breakouts can be treated naturally by wash affected areas with salted lukewarm water to sanitize the area and prevent it from worsening.
- Skincare should be applied from the center and outwards. For neck cream, start from beside the jawline down to the decolletage in an outward ‘C shape’ motion.
- Apply skincare once it is warmed up in your hands, and press both palms onto your face to improve absorption.
- Discards skincare after 2 months of use for hygiene.
A little about her … Oh i just realized that tomorrow is her birthday! Song Hye Kyo will be turning 30 and still looking like 19. The pretty star has previously dated gorgeous actors Lee Byung Hun (IRIS) and Hyun Bin (Secret Garden). But look out! She’s not all cute and can be quite feisty. On February 23rd 2012, SHK announced that she would be suing 41 netizens for falsely spreading rumors that she was in a “sponsor” relationship with a politician.
- Song Hye Kyo stays away from chocolate, coke, black tea and junk food. Instead she eats plenty of fruits, veggies and occasionally, eggs.
- She applies a egg white and honey mask, every fortnight, to whiten her skin. Use this just before bed time and it needs to be rinsed off once dry.
- To brighten her skin and reduce fine lines, Song applies honey with water to her skin every fortnight. (I guess she must alternate)
- She washes her face with milk. (And probably drinks a bit if she gets thirsty)
- To make her face smaller, Song also massages her face with ice cubes
Suzy Bae (member of Miss A)
A little about her … Born in 1994. She received much popularity for her cute looks when Miss A first debuted with “Good Girl. Bad Girl.”. Currently, she is with her group members promoting their new single Touch. Suzy has also acted as one of the leads in Dream High and will be in the 2012 movie An Introduction to Architecture.
Beauty Secrets … Suzy has her own secret 424 method for washing her face and maintaining her good skin.
The first step of the 424 secret method requires the use of oil to both cleanse and massage the face. This should last for four minutes and targets acne.
The second step is then, for two minutes, work the face wash into a lather. Once the hands have enough foam, gently apply the foam cleanser to your skin and wash your face.
The last of the three-step process is to rinse the face with water for four minutes. After rinsing with lukewarm water, finish it off by washing with cold water to shrink your pores.
Suzy also recommends everyone to avoid the towel straight after cleansing. Instead, pat the moist face after cleansing to absorb water.
His Beauty Tip… He claims that he maintains his vibrant skin by eating an apple and drinking yogurt daily. SJK also noted that exercise is very important for good skin.
Yoon Mi Rae
Her Beauty Tip… Apply coconut oil everywhere! She prefers natural products and coconut oil is full of vitamins and minerals. Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr is also an avid user.
Goo Hara (member of Kara)
Her Beauty Tip… Goo Hara recommends her beauty juice consisting of bananas, almonds, blueberries, walnuts, and milk. Fresh fruit juice includes enzymes that are good for your intestinal health and helps boost your metabolism. Almonds and walnuts include good oils that are beneficial for the skin.
Don’t be intimated by all these different ways of maintaining good skin! They’re just tips and you will always know your skin better than anyone else. I for one have never obliged by any of these rules or tips but i would say that i have quite nice skin. Just remember to cleanse, moisturize and live healthily!