Simply speaking, ‘We’re two ladies with a lot of love for all things Asian’.
At the end of the day our goal is just to make you a little bit happier, a little more opinionated and a lot more crazy for all things Asian!!! We’ve come to realize that while there is an abundance of English websites dedicated to the Asian entertainment industry, there are not many suited for the well educated over 18s. It definitely doesn’t help that Asian entertainers usually become veterans once reaching their 20s. We hope Chienna becomes a blog that allows older viewers to feel at home and discuss what exactly makes Asian entertainment so good and sometimes soo bad.
Although the majority of the posts are just our thoughts and opinions, we do our research well (simply because we don’t want to be sued for defamation).
Here’s a bit more about the both of us:
Thinking back, I believe my love for all things Orient started with a sneek visit to a friend’s house. She was drooling over Rain in the Korean drama “Full House” and was determinedly ignoring yours truly, when I had risked whippings from mum to see her.
Obviously, I had to retaliate.
So, I gave her a full account of what this twelve y.o thought about the slit eyed, mop haired and over tanned actor. Let just say it lasted a full 30 minutes and involved phrases like tight man boobs, Asian drama?!?!, flasher, and more Asian drama?!?!?!?!?!
At this point, my friend handed over the 1st disc of the drama. Two days later, I ran to her, on my knees begging for the full set. The Simpson’s and reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch ended there for me. F4, Meteor Garden and the discovery of Japanese anime rushed to fill the gaps. Years later, I remain an avid fan of Rain’s and Asian culture. We hope you will come to love it too and welcome everyone to share their thoughts with us!
As a young girl I dreamed of becoming a super model. Alas, by a cruel twist of fate, my legs never did grow to the requisite height, although the size of my waist increased (and continues to increase) at an alarming rate.
Being extremely proud of my heritage, I tend to be unashamedly bias towards Asians in sporting events, and will probably end up fulfilling my parents’ deepest desires by marrying an Asian. In daily life, I have often been told that I lack basic subtly and am blunt enough to be considered both a racist and a homophobe. I spend 10% of my day being extremely elitist, snobbish and judgmental, and the remaining 90% being inhumanely rational (or so I think).
At the moment, my heart belongs to Xiah Junsu (from JYJ) – previously it belong to T.O.P, and before that Hyun Bin. Therefore if you find that any posts are ridiculously bias and dirty I can only say this: Love is a grave mental disease (*wink*).
Whether you love us or hate us, we’d love to hear from you! And being greedy Asians, we never say no to gifts 😀 Just don’t send us letters covered in period blood or drinks with glass chips in them…
Twitter: chienna @ chiennablog
Address: …as if…. (address will be revealed once you can produce evidence proving that you’re not a hater, pervert or stalker :P)